Any familiar European Union citizen, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and national third State Residence Card holder Switzerland.
Before the expiry of the residence card.
On site , by prior appointment.
»Documents and requirements:
- Prior appointment ;
- Have resided legally in Portugal for a period of five years;
- Two photographs;
- Valid passport or identity card (and respective photocopies).
If family through marriage:
- Proof that the family ties on the basis of which it was issued the previous CR remains or if it continued for a period of five years, for example, marriage certificate updated, and respective photocopy.
If family via consensual union:
- Proof that the family ties on the basis of which it was issued the previous CR remains or if it continued for a period of five years - tax returns together, bank accounts together, or other documents that can confirm the maintenance of union of factual situation, and respective photocopy.
If you changed the address:
- Evidence of change of address, for example, Certificate Parish Council or deed of sale or lease, and respective photocopy.
Note: Other Costs .
Three months after the request (maximum).
The Residence Card (CR) permanent, which formalizes the right of permanent residence in Portugal, can only be requested by the family of a citizen of the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) / national of a third State Switzerland after five years in a row to live legally in the country.The right of entry, stay and residence in Portugal covers the citizens of EU countries, the EEA and Switzerland, as well as their family members.
- Law No. 37/2006, of August 9 - Set the right of free movement and residence of EU citizens and their family members in Portugal.
- Ordinance No. 1334-D / 2010 of December 31 - Approves the model of the European Union citizen registration certificate, EU citizens permanent residence permit, the family residence card of EU citizen and the respective fees to be charged for issuing these documents.
See also the website of the SEF .