Any citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland and their national family of the same countries holders of Certificate of Residence.
Before the expiry of the residence certificate.
»Documents and requirements:
- Prior appointment or online prior appointment ;
- Be the holder of Certificate of Permanent Residence;
- Two photographs;
- Valid passport or identity card (and respective photocopies).
If you changed the address:
- Evidence of change of address (eg Parish Council certificate, deed of sale or lease and respective photocopy).
Note: Other Costs .
15 days after the request (maximum).
The Permanent Residence Certificate, which formalizes the right of permanent residence in Portugal, can only be requested by the EU / EEA / Switzerland and their relatives after five straight years to live legally in the country and must be renewed. The right of entry, stay and residence in Portugal covers the citizens of the countries of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, as well as their family members.
- Law No. 37/2006 of 9 August, regulates the exercise of the right of free movement and residence of EU citizens and their family members in Portugal.
- Ordinance No. 1334-D / 2010 of December 31, approving the models of the European Union citizen registration certificate, EU citizens permanent residence permit, the family residence card of EU citizen and their fees to be charged for issuing these documents.
For more information see the website of the SEF .