Any citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland and its national family the same countries.
Before the expiry of the residence certificate, by appointment.
On site , by prior appointment.
Documents and requirements:
- Prior appointment ;
- Have resided legally in Portugal for a period of five years;
- Two photographs;
- Valid passport or identity card (and respective photocopies).
If you changed the address:
- Evidence of change of address, for example, the Parish Council of certificate purchase and sale deed or rental agreement - and respective photocopy.
€ 15.00. Note: Other Costs .
15 days after the request (maximum).
The certificate of permanent residence, which formalizes the right of permanent residence in Portugal, can only be requested by the EU citizen (European Union) / EEA (European Economic Area) / Switzerland and their relatives after five straight years to live legally in the country .
The right of entry, stay and residence in Portugal covers the citizens of EU countries, the EEA and Switzerland, as well as their family members.
- Law No. 37/2006, of August 9 - Set the right of free movement and residence of EU citizens and their family members in Portugal.
- Ordinance No. 1334-D / 2010 of 31 December - Approves models of the European Union citizen registration certificate, EU citizens permanent residence permit, the family residence card of EU citizen and the respective fees to be charged for issuing these documents.
For more information, please consult the website of the SEF .