Constitute duties of the Statutory Auditors, among others, the following:
- Exercise jurisdiction over all matters pertaining to the review activity / audit of accounts and related services, companies or other entities, in accordance with auditing standards;
- To ensure the social function, dignity and prestige of the profession, to promote respect for their respective ethical and deontological principles and protect the interests, rights and prerogatives of its members;
- Promote and contribute to the professional development of its members;
- Exercise disciplinary jurisdiction over all its members;
- Propose to the legally competent authorities measures for the defense of the profession and the function of statutory auditors and their professional and moral interests;
- Propose to the Government, in conjunction with the standard setters, the regulatory susceptible accounting aspects to allow a more efficient review / audit of accounts;
- Ensure the registration of statutory auditors and audit firms accounts in a public register and promote the conditions for the respective public disclosure;
- Exercise jurisdiction over all matters pertaining to examinations, the stages and registration;
- Collaborate with the Government in improving the review / audit the accounts of companies and other entities of the business and government sector;
- Establish principles and rules of ethics and professional ethics;
- Set standards and technical schemes of professional performance, taking into account the internationally required standards.
Section Regional North Avenida da Boavista No. 3477/3521, 2 Andar4100-139 PORTO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organic law http://www.oroc.pt/fotos/editor2/224.pdf">Statute of the Order of Chartered Accountants, Decree-Law No. 487/99 of 16 November, amended by Decree-Law No. 224/2008 of 20 November and Decree-Law No. 185 / 2009 of August 12.