- All interested in whether the signals they will register to identify their products and / or services on the market are the same or merge with those that are registered or are asked to register;
- All interested to know who the owners or applicants for Trademarks and Other Distinctive Signs Trade, and what the legal status of requested or registered rights;
- Applicants and Trademark rights holders, logos, designations of origin and geographical indications in order to check the state of your orders or its processes;
- All interested in knowing the state of the art science and technology, to identify new processes and new products such as background information for R & D, academic research papers, and to recognize available technologies, their owners and the legal status of rights attached ;
- Applicants and Patent rights holders and Utility Models for consultation of their files;
- All interested in knowing the state of the art industrial design, to recognize the forms and decoration products are copy-protected or have such protection, know what their owners and what the legal status of the associated rights;
- Applicants and holders of Industrial Designs to check the status of their files;
- The general public.
At any time.
Through the portal INPI on the Internet.
No associated costs.
- Online surveys allow you direct access to a collection of information on Trademarks, logos, designations of origin and geographical indications, patents, utility models and design;
- Access to the databases is free, and is part of the INPI's policy of transparency and direct link to citizens and businesses;
- The data presented are the ones who are entered or recorded in the PTO system and correct as of the reference date fixed in supporting information (right column);
- The INPI advised to read the conditions of use of databases available on this site, to allow a better understanding of the scope, content and limits of the results of research carried out.
The system allows you to select the database you want to ask:
- Brands - Database on Products and Services Brands, logos, designations of origin and geographical indications. You can access bibliographic data, the historical and the legal status of the proceedings, and conducting research to identify the signs already registered by viewing the figurative signs;
- Patents - Base on the Patent Invention and Utility Models. You can know the bibliographic data, the legal status of law and the history of processes and access to technical information of inventions;
- Design - Base on Industrial Designs. You can access bibliographic data, historical and legal status of processes and conduct research on protected creations, see the respective images;
- Status - Document Database presented in INPI. You can access the document reference, or case number, if any, can monitor the situation you are in.
Important: A search request or made an online search, do not attach any industrial property right. The assessment of prior, novelty, prior art, or similar situations, does not dispense consultation of other databases or sources of information. The online research service is already compatible with Internet Explorer 7.
If you want to make viewing / printing processes in PDF format should perform the installation of Adobe Reader.