At any time within the opening hours of shops.
At the moment.
This service allows you to obtain birth certificates. The birth certificate serves to prove the constant birth registration facts.
Usually birth certificates do not have expiration date. However, in certain cases different laws can determine a varying period.
There certificates whose issue is free, but that can not be used for any purpose other than for which they were issued:
- Certificate for adoption process instructional purposes;
- Certificate of nationality for process purposes;
- Certificates for service purposes or charities, including getting state pensions or local authorities (proof may be required);
- Certificates required by the victims or their families for emerging process of instruction work accident;
- Certificates required for instructional purposes assignment Luso-Brazilian equal status process;
- Certificates for legal aid purposes, and require documentary evidence to be submitted in person;
- Certificates required by individuals to prove their economic failure through document issued by a competent administrative authority or public institution of social care where the individual is found hospitalized.
It is necessary to prove the charge in gratuity or exemption, may not use the online service provided and must provide the documents required in the service which require the certificate.
The issue of certificates of birth records with more than 100 years is the responsibility of the respective District Archive, and in this case, the application can not be done online. However, some records with over 100 years can still be in the Civil Registry Offices.
For more information, see the website of the Institute of Registries and Notaries (IRN) .