- Parents or other legal representatives of the child;
- Any person responsible for these;
- The closest relative was able knowledge of the birth;
- The principal or administrator (or other official designated by them) health unit where birth occurred or in which it participated birth.
At any time within the opening hours of shops.
1. Statement by the hospital or birth supporting motherhood. Being the birth stated in the health unit is not necessary to submit this document.
You have no costs.
At the moment.
Birth registration is the means through which to publicize the birth occurred in Portuguese territory and makes up from verbal statement.
The declaration is mandatory and must be paid within 20 days, even if the parents do not have Portuguese nationality.
With registration is set the full name of the child, and the other elements that identify (as naturalness, birth date, membership). The child is replaced by civilian identity.
The Birth of any individual is where the birth took place (eg .: a parish and county hospital or maternity) or place in Portuguese territory, the usual residence of the mother, leaving this option:
- Any person responsible for them to provide the declaration;
- Who has the child in their care.
Failing agreement, the naturalness will be the birth place.
- If the birth occurred less than a year is considered a mother the person who was indicated as such in the birth registration. If the statement is not made by the mother or the father (mother's husband), the mother is informed that it was made registration;
- If the birth occurred more than one year, declared maternity is considered established if the mother declarant, if present in the act or it is represented by an attorney with special powers, or displays proof of maternity declaration made in writing , will or instrument drawn up in court;
- Apart from the cases mentioned in the previous point, the mother is summoned to declare within 15 days whether it confirms motherhood. In the case of denying maternity or can not be notified, the mention of motherhood is void;
- If the birth certificate does not get to appear motherhood this can be declared later.
Establishment of Paternity
- Married mother of child:. The law considers the mother's husband is the father, unless you declare this at the time of birth registration, the child is not her husband If the biological parent is present in the act will be contained, since logo in the register, as a father;
- Son of mother unmarried: The father must be present in the declaration of birth to get the record, immediately on birth registration as a parent. If not present in the act, registration is without the father's name mentioned, the child can then be perfilhada the father.