Commercial companies, individual establishments with limited liability and cooperatives.
At any time, provided that compliance with the following requirements:
- Is a commercial company, an individual establishment of limited liability or a cooperative; Provide on your subject the exercise of the travel and tourism agency activity; Have a minimum share capital of € 100,000; That their managers, directors or holders of a commercial reputation;
- Provide the following guarantees:
- Security to guarantee the fulfillment of its obligations under the business year in the amount of 5% of the package holiday sales by the Agency in the previous year, and the guaranteed amount can not be less than € 25,000, or will have to be higher to € 250,000. The deposit can be paid by insurance bond, bank guarantee, bank deposit or securities of the Portuguese public debt to the order of Turismo de Portugal, IP
- Liability insurance covering risks associated with its operations, the minimum amount of € 74,819.68, according to the uniform policy approved by the Insurance Institute of Portugal - Regulatory Standard 4/99-R (Regulation n. No. 12/99 - DR No. 113, II S, 15 May).
- It is also necessary that the name of the establishments is not equal or in such a manner similar to other existing that can mislead and that its facilities are autonomous and are exclusively assigned to the agency's activities.
- Provide the following guarantees:
Tourism in Portugal, in person or by mail.
Submit a request addressed to the President of the Directing Council of Turismo de Portugal, IP, containing the identification of the applicant, their legal representatives and the location of the property, with completion of the application in clear and precise terms, signed and dated.
The Application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Certificate of the constitutive act of the company or the respective simple copy;
- Extract from the commercial register of the company, updated and in force or the respective simple copy or, alternatively, access code to the permanent certificate;
- Indication of the name adopted for establishing and brands that the agency wishes to use, accompanied by back up the registry at the National Institute of Industrial Property, in the case of registered name or trade mark;
- Declaration on the suitability of the legal representatives;
- Copy of providing assurance contracts, or the original, if the collateral be provided by bank guarantee or bank deposit, and attesting that the same are in force;
- Photocopy of the Identity Card / Citizen Card company representatives;
- Photocopy of Taxpayer Card.
Licensing fee has the associated cost of € 12,469.95.
The payment for the license grant as Travel and Tourism Agency, should be made only after proper instruction permit application from the Turismo de Portugal, IP, of their technical analysis and the license fee of the notification.
Turismo de Portugal has ten working days from the date of receipt of the duly completed application, to decide on the application for a license provided that show the fees paid.
The travel and tourism agencies organize and / or selling tours, perform booking accommodation services and places in any means of transport, account for other travel agencies and tourism, domestic or foreign, or foreign tour operators, or make intermediation the sale of the respective products and, also, perform services relating to the reception, transfer and assistance to tourists.
Only companies with travel agency and tourism license awarded by Turismo de Portugal, IP can undertake such activities.
Travel agencies and tourism that in the course of their business, have recreational tourism activities must comply with the legal requirements of the tourist entertainment companies, particularly as regards compulsory insurance.