At any time.
Contact the body's Adoption Team Social Security area of residence:
- District Centre of the Institute of Social Security;
- Santa Casa da Misericordia de Lisboa (if you live in the city of Lisbon);
- Social Security Institute of the Azores, if you live in the Azores;
- Social Security Institute of Madeira, which reside in Madeira.
Attend the Briefing (Session A) of the Training Plan for Adoption. This training action gets up information on:
- The objectives of the adoption;
- What is needed to be able to adopt (general requirements and conditions to be met);
- The adoption process (the application process, forms and documents required).
Delivering the application in service adoption of competent social security agency. When delivering the application receives a certificate of candidacy.
You have no costs.
About six months from the date it is delivered the process.
Line Social Security
Phone 300 502 502 Website Link Schedule Weekdays from 08: 00h to 20: 00h.
The prospective adoptive parents must provide to the body that organizes the process, all requested documentation and report any significant change in your life, namely, change of residence or changes in family status, which may lead to re-evaluation of the process.
Even if your application has been selected, if it exceeds 60, no longer adopt. There may be other facts justifying the filing of the application.