- Users of public transport;
- Occasional traveler;
- Industry professionals.
At any time.
No associated costs.
The Transpose was developed under the SIGITI project, coordinated by former Director General of Land and River Transport and supported by the ERDF - European Fund for Regional Development of the European Union, should be developed in several phases. In the first phase, information is available from public transport long distance:
- Bus: Express and High Quality Services;
- Rail: Everything except internal connections in the cities of Lisbon and Porto;
- Air: continental internal flights; Lisbon, Porto, Faro, Bragança and Vila Real;
- Water: Tejo (Transtejo and Soflusa); Sado (slept); Porto; Aveiro; Viana do Castelo and transboundary connections; Walks, Vila Nova de Cerveira and Vila Real de Santo António.
This is the first and currently the only, site in Portugal offering and combines the provision of transport modes. Included is the ability to access any information or functions to one mode (eg. Only rail), or delete one or more modes of transport.
The information and functions available are organized into four main entrances, interconnected:
- Itineraries: Optimizer routes between two locations for a set of options defined by the user;
- Schedules and Rates: View all transportation alternatives between two points in a given timeline, with the respective schedules and fares;
- Maps based geographical information to visualize and define routes and locations to choose from, as well as knowing the public transport networks;
- Operators: Contacts and general information on each operator.
The interconnection of content is an important point of Transpose. For example, obtained or chosen a career path or you can access the information of interest such as the station's opening hours and ticket office, or tourist information and services (museums, restaurants in the locality) as well as meet all the stops and times of this career.
There are several already available functions aimed at increasing the interest and quality of service the site itself and the attractiveness of public transport in general. The ability to "Send to a friend" the chosen route is one example. The Transpose also allows you to display the itinerary solutions in the urban area of Lisbon, by connecting (at technical level) with Transporlis (transport site to Lisbon). So, later, the user can (to Lisbon) explain how you plan to arrive (or where you want to go), in order to get a transport solution. It is the intention make a similar connection to the city of Porto. In short, the Transpose aims to be much more than simple access to transport information, but to establish itself as a useful tool for public transport user, reducing the indecision factor and contributing to better use of transport, increasing this , the quality of life of citizens. This is a system to improve, growing gradually and steadily, and the local and regional scale information the next step.