The dates specified in Schedule of Vehicle Technical Inspection .
In the Inspection Centres Vehicle Technical .
A Mandatory Periodic Inspection The following documents are required:
- Vehicle Registration and Title Property Registration or Certificate of Registration;
- Number of Taxpayer.
The rates of Inspections and Periodic re-inspection were defined by Decree No. 1036/2009 of 11 September.
The Periodic Mandatory inspections were created in order to intervene on the state of the vehicles, according to the provisions of Decree-Law No. 550/99 of 15 December.
They consist of an inspection to the vehicle security systems, through testing with own equipment, made by skilled technicians.
The deficiencies found prevents more serious damage and reduce the chances of mechanical failure eventually causing accidents.
The maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle can only win with the Mandatory Periodic Inspection. The main stakeholder is undoubtedly the driver.
When taking the vehicle to the inspection, the driver is contributing to the safety of all those who can not travel.
Before the inspection:
There is a set of simple checks that can be performed regularly by the person driving the vehicle before taking it to a testing center, including:
- Clean efficiency windscreen;
- Light signaling: change of direction, hazard, brake, reverse, license plate, fog;
- Position lamps, high and low beam;
- Tires: Floor embossed with at least 1.6 mm;
- Rear-view mirrors: reflective surface, fixing and regulation;
- Correct operation of seat belts.
How to carry out an inspection:
During the inspection the vehicle is subject to a set of tests with a view to assessment of active and passive safety systems, to ensure that it is in good condition to circulate.
- Procedures to which the vehicle is subject:
- Vehicle identification
- It is to see if the make, model, registration, the frame number and measures the tires match the logbook data;
- Pollutant emissions
- Control of the emission of pollutants is done through two devices: the exhaust gas analyzer for gasoline vehicles, or opacimeter for vehicles with diesel engine;
- Frame and Cabins
- Carried out an examination of the exterior and the interior of the vehicle for the detection of corrosion spots, deformations, abnormalities of banks and other defects that compromise the safety of the vehicle and its occupants;
- There is the orientation of the medium of light, high beam and fog as well as its intensity through regloscópio. It gives also the condition and operation of all lights and links to trailers where they exist;
- There is the condition of the rear-view mirrors, windscreen cleaning system and any reduction of the visual field of the driver;
- Miscellaneous Equipment
- Verifies the existence and operation of: Safety belts, warning triangle, warning device, speedometer and other required equipment only in some vehicles - tachograph, fire extinguisher, curtains, wheel chocks and others;
- To test the brake is used frenómetro. This measures the strength and balance parking brake brake and emergency brake;
- Assesses the alignment of direction through the ripómetro the intention of checking the parallelism of the wheels;
- Detection Clearances
- The clearances detector allows to check for excessive clearances and other anomalies in the suspension, steering, axles and their links to the vehicle frame. It also examined the state of the rims and tires;
- Other checks - Public service vehicles are subject also to other checks, to ensure that meet the specific existing security measures.
- Vehicle identification
The inspection sheet should always accompany the vehicle and includes a sticker that must be highlighted and bet visibly from the outside in the lower right corner of the windshield.
In the vignette is the deadline for the next inspection or for reinspection, if the vehicle has failed.
Complaints concerning the services provided can be made in the very center, on the appropriate book, or directed to the Regional Directors of Mobility and Transport of IMTT .
Note: Failure of the law can lead to a fine of application with a value between € 250 and € 1250 (article 116 of the Highway Code.).