Interested parties may request information on the implementation of the New Urban Lease Regime, by the following means:
- the headquarters of the Housing and Urban Rehabilitation Institute;
»No documents or requirements.
There are no costs.
There are no deadlines for claiming assistance center.
The growing demand for renting a result of the market crisis of the construction and real estate and the lack of supply of affordable rental, determined that the reform of the urban lease was assumed as a priority objective in the field of housing.In fact, the reform of the urban lease 2006 failed to give a sufficient answer to the main problems they debate the urban leases, especially those related to contracts with previous income to 1990, with the difficulty of carrying out rehabilitation works in real estate leased and a complex and time consuming dumping procedure.In this sense, came into force on November 12, 2012, Law No. 31/2012 of 14 August, which shall review the legal framework of the urban lease, introducing several measures to boost the rental market, that protrude:
- Greater freedom in the stipulation of the duration of contracts by the parties;
- Greater prominence of trading of shares in updating the old lace;
- Reduction in the duration of the transition period the old contracts to the new regime;
- New regime for carrying out works in old buildings;
- Special procedure for eviction.
Given the high sensitivity that may result from the entry into force of the new urban rental regime, IHRU understand promote the creation of a center to support the implementation of the new legislation, with the aim of assisting the parties involved in the negotiation process update rents: landlord and tenant.The aim of this customer service, provide landlords and tenants with information necessary for the conduct of a fair negotiation process for both.