Any national citizen, the Community of Portuguese or foreign Speaking Countries (by way of exception), provided that:
- Be aged between 21 and 30 years;
- It is licensed or frequent higher education;
- Good health.
The application period is established each year.
You have no costs.
Defense Course for Young (CDJ) aims to promote awareness, appreciation and clarification of the universe of young potential senior managers or boards of state structures and civil society, about the great national and international problems affecting the area security and defense and aims to:
- Providing young people with knowledge base on key issues related to security and defense, national and international;
- Promote the formation of a strategic culture of security and defense in the young;
- To promote the awareness of young people for security and defense issues in order to contribute to the best performance of future positions of responsibility;
- Provide for mutual contact and the exchange of ideas between young people from diverse academic and professional backgrounds formations.
The CDJ lasts a week, a military installation, and comprises:
- Group work;
- Visits to units of the Armed Forces and Security Forces and Local Government bodies;
- Sports activities.