The license for non-residents in Portuguese territory can be issued for:
- Members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited in Portugal;
- Non-resident foreigners in Portugal, as long as able to hunt in the country of nationality or residence;
- Portuguese residents out of Portugal as long as able to hunt in the country of their residence.
In either case, the applicant can not have been convicted in Portugal for breach of legal regulations on the exercise of hunting.
A hunting license for non-residents in Portuguese territory may be requested directly by the interested party or third person to be accompanied by the required documents.
In the period between May 15 of one year and May 31 of the following year.
The National Forestry Authority (AFN): central, regional and forest management units.
- Document proving liability insurance for the arrest of third parties in an amount not less than the minimum required by law, valid until the end of the hunting season (May 31) and Portugal;
- Document attesting residence abroad, if applicable;
- Except members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited in Portugal, document proving to be enabled at the time of filing the application, to hunt in the country of their nationality or residence.
The amount of the fee payable for the issue is 100 € in the hunting season 2009/2010 and € 99.00 in the hunting season 2010/2011
A hunting license for non-residents in Portuguese territory is a license that enables, in particular situations, to hunt without necessarily whether it be hunting license holder.
This type of this hunting license allows the holder to hunt all over the country and is valid for a hunting season.
During the year hunting the hunter is required to bring and present to the supervisory bodies, whenever so required:
- A hunting license; for non-residents;
- A certificate of detention hunting insurance;
- The Identity Card; Citizen or passport card;
- If applicable, the license and bear arms and the manifest document with the loan statement when the gun is not of itself;
- The license of the dogs who accompany him;
- The lower, the written authorization of the person who is.