- For normal examination time can sign up any interested parties;
- For special time of examination can enroll non-resident in Portuguese territory, which have not subscribed to the normal time, and who have resided or not in Portugal, performed without use practical test or theoretical and practical at the normal time.
- Registration for the normal time of examination - an October to 31 December;
- Registration for the special time of examination - from April 1 to May 15, except if performed without use practical test or theoretical and practical at the normal time, in which case the entry must occur within 15 days after the completion of that.
- At the town hall of your area;
- In the Portuguese consulate was sent, if you live abroad.
By mail .
- Application in printed form which can be obtained free of charge of receiving bodies or over the internet ;
- Photocopy of the identification document (ID Card or Citizen Card);
- Photocopy of hunter license, whenever it's candidate seeking a specification not covered by letter that it holds;
- Residence document abroad, whenever the applicant does not reside in Portuguese territory and apply for the special examination period;
- Photocopy of the document certifying the results of the practical or theoretical-practical test carried out at the normal time of examination, in case of registration for recurrence of such evidence in special season.
- Exam registration fee for obtaining the hunter letter with a specification - € 55.00, unless the desired specification is "no hunting weapon or bird of prey" situation that is € 30.00;
- Registration fee for examination to obtain Hunter chart with two specifications - € 80.00;
- Registration fee for examination to obtain Hunter chart with three specifications - € 110.00;
- Registration fee for repeat practical or theoretical and practical tests in the special examination period - € 30.00 / proof to repeat;
- Registration fee for scrutiny by candidates who already hold the hunter letter - € 30.00 / per new specification required;
- In the case of examination for license hunter "with hunting weapon", plus the amount of the fees mentioned the cost of attendance of the course of technical and civic training and subsequent examination.
- The first call of the regular season starts between April 15 and May 15 and the second call between June 15 and July 15;
The first call of the special season starts between one and 24 August and the second call between two and 24 December.
Candidates are informed of the date, time and venue of the examination, through call made by the AFN and mailed.
The examination for hunter letter aims to determine the ability and knowledge necessary for the exercise of hunting and passing the same is indispensable, among other requirements, to be able to hold hunter license.