The First Forum of Local Administrative Modernization took place last Monday, July 13, at the Center of Arts and Shows of Figueira da Foz. This event was co-organized by the Agency for Administrative Modernization, I.P. (AMA) and the General Directorate of Local Authorities (DGAL).
This event was attended by more than 160 councilors representing about 100 Municipalities and Parishes. This was an excellent opportunity to share best practices in the areas of management and internal organization of municipalities, administrative and regulatory simplification, service digitization and service models.
João Ataíde das Neves, President of Figueira da Foz City Council, Joaquim Cardoso da Costa, Secretary of State for Administrative Modernization, and António Leitão Amaro, Secretary of State for Local Administration.
The agenda had four panels dedicated to four different themes. Three presentations were made on each panel:
Panel I - Management and internal organization:
- I.I - "1 service model, 14 municipalities" - Inter-Municipal Community of Viseu Dão Lafões;
- I.II - "Community + enlightened, community + participatory" - C. M. de Paredes;
- I.III - "Administrative Modernization" - C.M Figueira da Foz.
Panel II - Administrative and Regulatory Simplification
- II.I - "Administrative Modernization in Paredes" - C. M. Paredes;
- II.II - "Autarchic management system based on reengineering, simplification and improvement of processes" - C. M. de Esposende;
- II.III - "Integrated plan for administrative modernization" - Intermunicipal Community of Coimbra.
Panel III - Services digitization
- III.I - "The administrative modernization and archives: the example of the Municipal Council of Porto at the service of the citizen" - C. M. do Porto;
- III.II - "Wifi coverage of the city of Pombal" - C. M. de Pombal;
- III.III - "Re-enrollment of students in SAF services" - C. M. de Arruda dos Vinhos.
Panel IV - Service Models
- IV.I - "100% with you" - C. M. de Gouveia;
- IV.II - "From the centralization of service to the decentralization of services" - C. M. de Odemira;
- IV.III - "B @ M - Municipal service counters" - C. M. de Pombal.
After the last panel, and before the closing session, Luis Moitinho and André Zibaia da Conceição, representing the State Secretariat for Administrative Modernization (SEMA), also presented the "Digital Mobile Key" projects, respectively, And "Citizen Map". ESPAP's Pedro Engrácia was responsible for the presentation of shared services solutions for the local administration.
The closing session was attended by the Deputy Minister and Regional Development, Miguel Poiares Maduro, who in his speech thanked the collaboration and cooperation of local authorities with the government in the context of decentralization policies, highlighting their contribution in areas so important Such as administrative modernization. He also stressed the importance of this project to the country, which aims to bring together central and local public administration, adapting public services to the needs of the citizen and not make the citizen adapt to existing services.