The European Professional Portfolio is the first EU-wide electronic mechanism that professionals can use to gain recognition of their qualifications through simplified and transparent procedures that will facilitate such recognition in other EU countries.
At this time, the European Professional Portfolio is available for the following professions:
- Mountaineering guide;
- Real estate agent.
These professionals may request the recognition of their professional qualifications in another EU country for two purposes:
- Establishment, which means that they intend to settle in the country of destination and practice the profession on a permanent basis;
- Provision of temporary or occasional services (ie in the context of 'temporary mobility', with no intention to settle in the country of destination and continue to be established in their country of origin).
- Providing, by means of a simulation, general information on required documents, other procedures and possible costs in the country of destination;
- It is a quick and easy way to fulfill all the necessary administrative requirements, anywhere in the European Union and at any time;
- It is a transparent and clear means of communication in the mother tongue with the authorities responsible for processing applications;
- It allows to keep personal data updated and protected against possible leaks;
- It allows you to easily request recognition in several countries, reuse documents in subsequent orders, and track order processing.