All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland wishing to work in Portugal.
Please refer to the consular post competent to know the hours of operation for visa application receipt.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts ;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
- Application in its own model; passport or other valid travel document;
- Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
- The ticket that ensures their return;
- Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
- Proof of accommodation conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence as defined by ordinance of the competent members of the Government;
- Employment contract or promise of employment contract or individualized expressions of interest;
- Statement issued by the Institute of Employment and Vocational Training;
- Proof of that is enabled to exercise their profession, when they are in regulated in Portugal.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals seeking a residence visa for the exercise of an occupation subject in Portugal.
- Regulates the Law on the legal regime of entry, stay, exit and removal of foreign citizens from the country.
- Regulates the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Portugal.
- Changes the order of the means of subsistence.
- Regulates livelihoods.
- Resolution approving the Global Contingent Annual Work Opportunities.
- Table of Consular Fees.