All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, family members of a legal resident in Portugal who wish to join the valid residence permit holder.
For this purpose are considered family members referred to in Articles 99 and 100 of Law No. 29/2012, which regulates the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Portugal.
Please refer to the competent Consular Post, in order to know the opening hours for visa applications reception.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts ;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
- Application in its own model;
- Passport or other travel document;
- Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
- The ticket that ensures their return;
- Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
- Housing conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence as defined by ordinance of the competent members of the Government;
- Notification of acceptance of family reunification delivered by the Foreigners and Borders;
- Evidence of the alleged kinship: birth certificate or marriage.
For minor or disabled:
- Travel Authorization person exercising parental or guardianship.
Application for residence visa - € 90.00.
The descendants of the residence permit holders who benefit from family reunification are exempt from the fees.
The visa is issued upon receipt of the visa application instruction by DGACCP for registration in the Visa Application Network.
Information and education visa for foreign citizens seeking residence visa for the purpose of family reunification.
Family reunification must be previously authorized by the Foreigners and Borders Service.