Any foreign national who is not a national of the United States of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area and Switzerland wishing to study at a recognized educational institution, participate in an exchange program for students, internship or volunteer.
At any time within the opening hours of shops.
On the spot:
- Embassy / consulate that has jurisdiction of this country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
»Documents and requirements:
1. Application in the model itself;
2. Passport or other valid travel document;
3. Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
4. Title of transport to ensure their return;
5. valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
6. Application for Criminal Record query Portuguese for Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
7. Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
8. Housing conditions;
9. Proof of means of subsistence.
To study in secondary education:
- Have at the time of application, the minimum age of 14 years and not exceed the maximum age of 21, according to the Ordinance No. 1079/2007;
- Statement by the educational institution in which the student is registered;
- Document by the host family
- Document of accommodation.
To study program in higher education:
- Document issued by an educational establishment in as admitted or fulfills the conditions for admission.
To unpaid internship:
- Document issued by a company or body approved training;
- Internship program;
- Training contract;
- Stage schedule.
- A certificate that he was admitted in an organization officially recognized in Portugal for volunteer program.
Note: Students of secondary and higher education grantees of Camoes - Cooperation Institute and the language are exempt from presenting proof of admission in the school.
The cost is € 90.00.
You have no costs for foreign nationals covered by scholarships granted by the Portuguese State.
60 working days.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals seeking a residence visa for study, student exchange, internship or volunteering in Portugal.
- Regulates the Law on the legal regime of entry, stay, exit and removal of foreign citizens from the country.
- Regulates the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Portugal.
- Changes the order of the means of subsistence.
- Regulates livelihoods.
- Regulates the age of visa study.
- Mobility Programmes and the CPLP.
- Table of Consular Fees.
- Order No. 296/2012 of 28 September.
- Rectification No 61/2012 of 25 October.
For more information, see the Portal Portuguese Communities ..