All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland wishing to practice in Portugal a profession, subordinate or independent, temporary, for less than one year.
Please refer to the consular post competent to know the hours of operation for visa application receipt.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
- Application in its own model;
- Passport or other valid travel document;
- Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
- The ticket that ensures their return;
- Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
- Proof of accommodation conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence;
- When applicable, a statement issued by the competent authority to verify the profession of exercise requirements that, in Portugal, is subject to special qualifications;
- Subordinate work:
- Contract of employment or employment contract of promise under an occupation subject to temporary (six months);
- Statement of Employment and Vocational Training Institute (IEFP) that the promise or the contract refers to the offer available to nationals of third countries (seasonal work);
- Independent work:
- Contract society or services under activity independent of a temporary nature.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals seeking visas to pursue a vocational activity subordinate or independent.