All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, who wish to pursue an amateur sport activity for less than one year.
Please refer to the consular post competent to know the hours of operation for visa application receipt.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts ;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
- Application in its own model;
- Passport or other valid travel document;
- Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
- The ticket that ensures their return;
- Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
- Contract work for less than one year;
- Document the respective federation to confirm the exercise of the sport;
- Disclaimer endorsed by the association or sports club to the accommodation and for paying any health care costs and the return to the country of origin.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals wishing to engage in an amateur sport activity in Portugal.