All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland wishing to develop research activities, teaching in a higher education establishment, or play a highly skilled activity for a period less than one year.
Please refer to the consular post competent to know the hours of operation for visa application receipt.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts ;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
1. Application in the model itself;
2. Passport or other valid travel document;
3. Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
4. valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation [exempt from the presentation of this document by the insurance is provided for in the contract];
5. Application for Criminal Record query Portuguese for Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
6. Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
7. Proof of accommodation conditions;
8. Proof of means of subsistence;
9. Work contract or promise of employment contract, contract or promise to provide services or a scientific research grant (less than one year);
10. Promise contract or agreement to provide services to pursue a teaching activity in a higher education institution or a highly qualified activity in the country (less than one year).
You have no costs.
This type of visa is treated with the highest priority.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals seeking visas to engage in a research activity of teaching in a higher education or highly qualified activity in Portugal.