All foreign citizens who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Switzerland wishing to follow a family in medical treatment that you receive in Portugal, both in the context of cooperation agreements in the context of particular treatments.
Please refer to the consular post competent to know the hours of operation for visa application receipt.
On the spot:
- Portuguese consular posts ;
- Embassy / Consulate holding the jurisdiction of that country, should not be a Portuguese consular post.
- Application in its own model;
- Passport or other valid travel document;
- Two identical photos, passport, current and in good applicant's identification conditions;
- The ticket that ensures their return;
- Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
- Proof of accommodation conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence;
- Medical report accompanying the family;
- Proof issued by official health establishment or officially recognized that the applicant has assured hospitalization or outpatient treatment accompanying family;
- In the case of referrals under cooperation agreements must be submitted proof of the Medical Committee and the appointments. In these cases, proof of subsistence and accommodation certificate means may be replaced by a statement of the Embassy in Lisbon to ensure those conditions;
- Proof of kinship with the patient you want to follow.
Escorts of patients beneficiaries of cooperation agreements with Portugal on health are exempt from the fees.
Information and education visa for foreign nationals seeking temporary stay visa for family tracking purposes subject to medical treatment in Portugal.
For more information see the Portal of the Portuguese Communities .