Any citizen with Portuguese living abroad.
At any time within the opening hours of shops.
On site .
»Documents and requirements:
1. complete narrative birth certificate of each, issued less than six months, obtained by the consular post if a Portuguese citizen;
2. Identity Card / Citizen Card or Passport of each of each;
3. Self Convention prenuptial or certificate of the respective deed if applicable;
4. Document of residence in that country, indicating the start date;
5. marriage certificate in the case of transcription of registries;
If the groom (a) is less:
6. Auto consent for smaller wedding;
If the groom (a) Portuguese born abroad:
7. local birth registration certificate;
If it is a fiancé (e) of foreign nationality:
8. Birth Certificate issued by the Civil Registry of the country of origin and respective translation;
9. Identity card or valid passport or equivalent document;
10. matrimonial capacity certificate or statement that, in accordance with its personal law, no restraint contrary to the wedding celebration, which will be bet on the declaration for marriage, if you can not produce the certificate because there is no diplomatic representation of country of nationality or other force majeure.
The Portuguese living abroad who wish to marry can do so before:
- The consular officer;
- The competent local authorities;
- The ministers of Catholic worship.
A marriage contracted abroad before the competent local authorities or the ministers of Catholic worship, should also be preceded by preliminary wedding process, organized before the consular officials.
The Portuguese citizen who married abroad to the local authorities can transcribe your wedding in Portuguese law to become part your wedding in Portugal. If marriage is made before the consular officer, the respective wedding seat shall be recorded by registration.