Portuguese citizens resident abroad who meet the following requirements:
- Are in the host country in a legal and effective residence situation;
- Are in a situation of proven deficiency or who demonstrate proven fragile to deal with exceptional situations of great severity;
- Are in any of the following:
- Victims of crimes against physical integrity;
- Victims of natural disasters and public calamities;
- Victims of extraordinary, accidental events and individual impact, proven deprive the National raise their usual means of subsistence;
- Serious illness of victims requiring urgent treatment, surgery or other, whose costs can not be borne by local welfare systems and health;
- Disabled or victims of disabling accident in dependent, in need of technical assistance to improve their living conditions.
At any time.
On site .
1. Written declaration which contains the following items:
- Description of the situation giving rise to the request for support, indicating the main problems resulting therefrom;
- Declaration on honor, the correct facts.
2. Consular Registration;
3. Citizen Card / ID card;
4. Residence permit or equivalent;
5. Declaration, under oath, that has no resources of any kind
Statement indicating the respective amounts and origin of the resources available, accompanied by documentary evidence;
6. Documentation supporting the applicant's position and justification of the requested support.
You have no costs.
Social, individual or family support, for the Portuguese and their families who are in great vulnerability or difficult conditions stemming from the lack of appropriate responses by the authorities of the country of residence.
Portuguese consular posts
For more information on the program "Social Support for Disadvantaged Emigrants - Portuguese Communities (ASEC-CP)" refer to the Portal of the Portuguese Communities .