- Throughout the year.
- Date for receiving applications limit: 31 March of each year. All files received after the deadline are considered immediately on next year's program.
- In person;
- On the Internet .
- Form ; Copyright contract; Translation contract (obligatory inclusion the cost of translation); Declaration (provided by DGLB) in which the publisher undertakes to inform the translator of the grant allocation and the amount thereof;
- The publisher catalog.
Applications sent by mail, fax or email are accepted. The remaining documents shall be sent by mail.
Commitment Editor after the grant reception:
- Print the book's back cover, the logos of DGLB and the Ministry of Culture the inscription "translation supported by the Portuguese Institute of the Book and Libraries";
- Send to DGLB five copies of the published translation.
Payment is made by bank check, the order of the publisher by the end of this year.
Any change to the information presented in the application should be immediately reported to DGLB.
If the work is not edited as approved in the application, the DGLB may require refund of the amount paid.
- Copyright contract; Translation contract (obligatory inclusion the cost of translation); Declaration (provided by DGLB) in which the publisher undertakes to inform the translator of the grant allocation and the amount thereof;
No associated costs.
Annually are granted to foreign publishers, financial incentives for the translation of works of Portuguese-speaking authors.
The granting of financial support for the translation of works of Portuguese-speaking authors, with the exception of Brazil, aims to increase the collection of translated works by Portuguese authors and Portuguese abroad. This service is provided under the Translation Support Program and is ensured by the Book Diffusion Division and Promotion of Reading in the Directorate-General of Books and Libraries (DGLB).