- Throughout the year.
Date for receiving applications deadline: 31 May each year. All applications received after the deadline are considered immediately on next year's program.
- In person;
- In Internet .
- Form ;
- Contracts copyright assignment: writer and illustrator;
- The publisher catalog.
Applications sent by mail, fax or email are accepted. The remaining documents shall be sent by mail.
Commitment Editor after the grant reception:
- Observe the information provided in the application and formalized in the contract to be signed by both parties; Report the support of the DGLB in published books through the following description, accompanied by logos DGLB and the Ministry of Culture "Edition supported by the Directorate General Book and Libraries / Portugal "; Send to DGLB five copies of the published book;
- Acknowledge receipt of the grant, returning to their statement, provided by DGLB, duly signed.
- Pay the financial support in two installments: the first equivalent to 60% after receipt of the signed contract, and the remaining 40% upon receipt of five copies of the published book (payments are made through international bank check, the order editor).
No associated costs.
The Directorate General of Books and Libraries (DGLB) through annual competition, gives financial incentives to foreign publishers who bet on the issue of illustrated children's books and comic Portuguese authors.
This service is provided under the Support Program Illustration and Comics.