Applicants who are physically handicapped, considering:
- Candidates with disabilities: people with permanent physical disabilities congenital or acquired with substantial limitations of neuromusculoskeletal functions and related to the motion, resulting, at the level of activities and participation in difficulties pronounced in the functions of joints and bone structure, muscle and movement, on personal autonomy and mobility and requiring specialized support under the special education throughout their process of teaching and learning in secondary education;
- Candidates with sensory disabilities: people with:
- Bilateral permanent visual impairment (blindness and low vision) with substantial limitations of visual functions or functions of the adjacent structures of the eye, resulting, at the level of activities and participation, in marked difficulties in communication (reading and writing), and the orientation mobility and learning and application of knowledge that required specialized support under the special education throughout their process of teaching and learning in secondary education;
- Bilateral hearing loss severe or profound degree with substantial limitations of auditory function, resulting, at the level of activities and participation, in marked difficulties in oral and written communication and that while using hearing aids, required specialized support in education especially along its process of teaching and learning in secondary education.
You have no costs.
Application to the waves of the special quota for candidates persons with physical and sensory disability in the national competition for access to higher education.
- Legislation regulating the access and enrollment in higher education: Decree-Law No. 296-A / 98 of 25 September, amended by Decree-Laws Nos 99/99 of 30 March 26/2003 of 7 February 76/2004 of 27 March, 158/2004 of 30 June, 147-A / 2006 of 31 July, 40/2007, of February 20, 45/2007 of 23 February, and 90/2008 of 30 May, rectified by the Rectification Declaration No. 32-C / 2008 of 16 June.
For more information about the special quota for candidates persons with physical and sensory disabilities, see the website of the Directorate-General for Higher Education.