In principle, to resort to Consumer Associations membership required.
At any time, but taking into account some limitations periods for certain claims in concrete.
It is to retain the intervention of Consumer Associations does not suspend limitation periods, claim or prescriptions.
Attached to each Consumers Association.
All documentation relating to the complaint and supporting the transaction or delivery made, the amounts actually paid and any contractual parts, receipts, invoices or guarantees received.
The use of Consumer Associations is free for their members.
It depends on the circumstances of each claim.
Consumer organizations are in their structural diversity, forms encountered by citizens to defend their specific interests as consumers. Having legal personality and non-profit aims to protect the rights and interests of consumers in general and of its members in particular.Sob this generic designation was profiled-organisms as diverse as consumer associations, cooperatives consumption or trade union expression constructs. Consumer associations can be national, regional or local level, depending on the area that limit their action and have at least three thousand, 500 or 100 members. These structures can be generic framework if your order is to protect the rights of consumers in general - in the case of DECO - Portuguese Association for Consumer Protection. Are of particular interest all too certain goods and services to associations, as with the Association of Tenants Lisbonenses (AIL), for example. Consumer cooperatives are assimilated by law to consumer associations. It is vast the range of rights recognized by law to consumer organizations, in particular:
- Right to the status of social partner in matters relating to consumer policies;
- Broadcast time on radio and television;
- Right to represent consumers in the consultation process and public audit;
- Right to request the arrest and withdrawal of goods or the prohibition of harmful services of consumer interests;
- Right to correct and to respond to the content of advertisements on stations goods and services in the market as well as to require it to be removed from deceptive or abusive advertising market;
- Right to be informed about the pricing of goods and services whenever requested;
- Right to participate in the processes of regulation of prices for the supply of goods and services of general interest benefits and request the clarification of the applicable rates and the quality of services;
- Right to popular action;
- Right of complaint and denunciation and to constitute as assistants in criminal proceedings and to monitor the offense processes;
- Right to exemption from payment of costs, preparation and stamp duty;
- Entitled to receive state support for the pursuit of its purposes;
- Entitled to tax benefits similar to those granted or to be granted to private charities.
They make up the formula for organizational excellence, intervention and participation of consumers, characterized by its independence from public and private powers in presence in Portuguese society.