Any consumer citizen, within the legal definition.
At any time, but taking into account some limitations periods for certain claims in concrete.
Compliance with the rights of consumers should be required, first, from the economic operators, traders or producers with whom to establish consumer relationship.
Who is driving in the event of a claim:
- Municipalities Information Centers Consumer (CIAC);
- Consumer protection associations;
- Director General of the Consumer;
- Arbitration centers;
- Free Legal Consultation offices of the Bar Association;
All the documentation of the transaction or provision made, payments made and any contractual parts, receipts, invoices or guarantees received.
- Join all the evidence (receipts, invoices, contracts, etc.); Try to resolve the issue first with the company. This has to know that the consumer has rights; Always report correctly what happened and what you want. It is useless to philosophize about what happened;
- Act quickly. Do not forget that there is always time.
Usually the consumer complaint has no associated costs.
Is dependent on individual circumstances, but should take place always within a reasonable time, not to affect more the consumer in question.
Under the Consumer Protection Act lies with the State, the Autonomous Regions and Local Authorities to protect consumers, this standard which complies with the constitutional principles that enshrine the rights of consumers (Art 60) and attach to State the duty to defend and ensure the protection of consumers' interests.
To this end, the consumer is considered "Everyone to whom goods are supplied, services or broadcast any rights for non-professional use and person exercising on a professional basis an economic activity aimed at obtaining benefits."
The rights granted to consumers in the Constitution and the law are as follows:
- Right to protection of health and safety;
- Right to quality of goods and services;
- Right to protection of economic interests;
- Right to compensation for losses;
- Right to information and education;
- Right to representation and consultation.
The recognition of the rights of consumers requires an awareness need for citizens and economic operators, the existence of expedited means of access to justice and conflict resolution and full information and educational preparation of consumers, as well as the existence of strong organizations representative.
Preventing Consumer Disputes:
The most important is to have evidence in his favor. The simplest way to have them is to go all the writing.
Most important rules:
- Always ask for the receipt of monies paid or delivered objects (eg machines to repair, clothes in the laundry, etc.);
- Require written budget;
- If the company says gives perks that are unusual, that pass the written;
- Request a copy of the signed contract with the company;
- Do not sign anything whose content:
- Is very long and do not forget to read at home;
- Not realize fully.
- If a clause in the contract seems dubious and the company says it has a meaning that does not seem to him throughout the text, requires passing his written this interpretation and the sign, giving you a copy thereof;
- If you have questions before entering into a contract, do not sign up to obtain information from a competent authority.
Do not forget also:
- Pay before receiving is always a risk;
- Pay by installments is always more expensive. Require that the contract listing all the benefits that is due;
- Before borrowing requires the bank in writing the terms with which he proposes;
- Avoid buying complex systems that do not understand;
- In the law there are always deadlines. Act quickly.
How to act in case Consumer Conflict:
- Complaints - Emerging complaints of a consumer relationship may have one or more of several purposes:
- Redress of damages;
- Report practices contrary to the law;
- Request information and clarifications.