The show on the Day of National Defence is a duty of all citizens and can occur from the first day of the year in which they celebrate the age of 18 years.
Since the citizens of both sexes have the same military duties, the young people who were born from January 1, 1992, as young people, have to meet this military duty.
Young people born during the year 1992 are summoned to perform military duty to attend Day of National Defense through notices posted on municipal councils and parish councils (see "Description").
- Citizen Card
- Identity Card.
NOTE 1: The citizen shall carry one of these documents at the show to the Day of National Defense.
NOTE 2: Citizens on the reserve recruitment or availability must report the change of personal data, particularly with regard to qualifications, the Ministry of National Defense, personally, by registered letter or email.
No associated costs.
The show at the National Defence Day is military duty to raise awareness young people on the theme of national defense and promotion of the role of the military.
On this day, every citizen is subject to training activities designed to inform you, among other things, on:
- The National Defense;
- The essential tasks of the armed forces, their organization and the resources that are their affections;
- Forms of provision of military service and the different choice for those who want to provide effective service.
During the year we turn 18, citizens are called upon to perform military duty to attend Day of National Defense, through notices posted on the Municipal Councils and Boards Parish of the respective residence, citizens can look at them in digital format by page dedicated to the Day of National Defence, the site of DGPRM .
In those notices contained local and days that citizens should make their presentation. To fulfill this duty are provided food and transport in the country, from the residence of the county seat of young people to the National Defense Day Mailing Center and vice versa. The time of transport and place of departure is likely to be found on page Day of National Defence, the site of DGPRM .
The citizen may be exempted from show to the Day of National Defense in the following cases:
- Suffer from prolonged illness proven by the public authority;
- Legally residing abroad with permanent and continuous (at least six months from the date fixed for the presentation to the Day of National Defense).
To be excused, the citizen must go in person or send application to the General Directorate of Personnel and Military Recruitment, Island Avenue Madeira paragraph 1, 4 - 1400-204 Lisbon, addressed to the Personnel Director General Military and Recruitment, up to 30 days before the date set for appearance, accompanied by:
In the case of prolonged illness:
- Medical certificate issued or confirmed by the delegate or deputy health area of residence;
- Or document issued by the hospital where the citizen is found in hospital and should in any case mention the prolonged nature of the disease;
If foreign residence with permanent and continuous:
- Document issued by the consular post of the area of residence, which shall contain the date from which there has relocated;
- The right to exemption expires if the citizen to remain in the country for more than 90 days in the year they turn 18.
The citizen may request postponement of the show to the Day of National Defence for the reasons mentioned below:
- Illness or accident that prevents the show;
- Disease or family accident, when the citizen summoned assistance is essential;
- Death of spouse, parent, child or sibling, within the five days immediately preceding;
- Wedding in one of the eleven working days immediately preceding;
- Son of birth;
- Hospitalization, arrest or detention;
- Examination of achievement in officially recognized educational establishment, on the same day or the two days immediately following;
- Another reason that configure situation just impediment citizen.
NOTE: In order to be granted the postponement, the citizen may, within five days after the date for which it was convened, submit an application through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org , delivering the Defence Day Mailing Center National, the new compliance date, the documentary evidence of this delay, submit personally or by mail to the address mentioned above, request addressed to the Director General of Military Personnel and Recruitment, having attached the last documentation by the competent authorities to certify and justify the request for postponement.