Pregnant that is contributing to Social Security, but does not have the insurance period required to access the grant for clinical risk during pregnancy, and is in economic distress.
Within six months of the first day of impediment to work.
Documents and requirements:
Through the Internet:
Means of authentication:
- Digital authentication certificate - Citizen Card ; Or
- User registration on the Portal Social Security .
The application is dismissed in situations where the impediment for work is certified by a doctor from the National Health Service through the Disability Certificate for Work.
You have no costs.
It is a benefit in cash attributed to the worker during pregnancy, in case of clinical risk to themselves or to the fetus during the time necessary to prevent the clinical risk, provided that the following conditions:
- Resident in Portugal or is a resident in a similar position;
- Have monthly income per household person, not exceeding 80% of the Social Support Index - IAS (€ 335.38);
- Has movable heritage (bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, etc.), alone or with other household members, not more than 240 times the IAS (€ 100,612.80).
- Establishes the legal system of social protection in parenting within the welfare system and the subsystem of solidarity;
- Establishes the rules for determining the means test to be considered in the allocation and maintenance of the benefits of family protection subsystem and the solidarity subsystem, as well as for the award of other public social support, and carry out the changes in the allocation of income social insertion, taking steps to increase the possibility of integration of its beneficiaries;
- Changes the legal systems of social protection in sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption and death provided by the welfare system, family responsibilities of family protection subsystem and social insertion income, the legal regime relating to the refund of overpaid benefits and the law from the resources under the social security system, and the status of survivors' pensions and the legal system of social protection in the event of maternity, paternity and adoption within the convergent social protection scheme.
For more information see the Portal Social Security .