- A pregnant woman or mother who has been recently, and that is not contributing to Social Security;
- A pregnant woman or mother who has been recently, which is contributing to Social Security, but does not have the insurance period required for access to initial parental allowance exclusive of the mother and is in economic distress.
Within six months from the date of delivery or the first day of impediment to work.
Documents and requirements:
You have no costs.
It is a benefit in cash attributed to the mother for a period of up to 72 days, in which 30 days - at most - are experienced optionally before delivery (only if working), and 42 days are required, and enjoyed immediately following the delivery, provided that the following conditions:
- Resident in Portugal or is a resident in a similar position;
- Have monthly incomes per person in the household not exceeding 80% of the Social Support Index - IAS (€ 335.38);
- Has movable heritage (bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, etc.), alone or with other household members, not more than 240 times the IAS (€ 100,612.80).
These days are included in the period corresponding to the initial parental allowance.
- Establishes the legal system of social protection in parenting within the welfare system and the subsystem of solidarity;
- Establishes the rules for determining the means test to be considered in the allocation and maintenance of the benefits of family protection subsystem and the solidarity subsystem, as well as for the award of other public social support, and carry out the changes in the allocation of income social insertion, taking steps to increase the possibility of integration of its beneficiaries.
For more information see the Portal Social Security .