- Citizens who are not contributing to Social Security;
- Citizens who are contributing to Social Security, but do not have the insurance period required for access to initial parental allowance of a progenitor in case of impossibility to another, and are in economic distress.
Within six months from the date of the event determines the protection.
NOTE: If required after this period, the concession period is reduced by the time of this delay, if you are still running the concession period.
Documents and requirements:
Through the Internet:
You have no costs.
It is a benefit in cash attributed to the father or mother, a son of birth in case of physical disability, mental, or death of one of them during the initial parental allowance period that lacked enjoy the other parent (father or mother) provided that the following conditions:
- Live in Portugal or are in the resident equated situation;
- Have monthly income per household person, not exceeding 80% of the Social Support Index - IAS (€ 335.38);
- Has movable heritage (bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, etc.), alone or with other household members, not more than 240 times the IAS (€ 100,612.80).
- Establishes the legal system of social protection in parenting within the welfare system and the subsystem of solidarity;
- Establishes the rules for determining the means test to be considered in the allocation and maintenance of the benefits of family protection subsystem and the solidarity subsystem, as well as for the award of other public social support, and carry out the changes in the allocation of income social insertion, taking steps to increase the possibility of integration of its beneficiaries.
For more information see the Portal Social Security .