- Nationals and foreign citizens or stateless persons residing in Portugal for over a year, the largest, which are not covered by statutory social protection or that being, they do not fall within the scope of the Portuguese social security system;
- Nationals engaged in professional activity in a foreign country and are not covered by international instruments of Social Security that Portugal is bound;
- Portuguese seafarers and watchmen engaged in activity of foreign companies boats;
- Portuguese seafarers engaged in activity on ships of joint fisheries ventures;
- Crew engaged in activity on vessels registered in the Madeira International Shipping Register;
- Social volunteers to engage in unpaid activities in favor of private institutions of social solidarity and entities holding of fire brigades;
- Actors of cooperation meeting the requirements defined in the respective status and award the contract to provide service within the framework of cooperative relations;
- Research fellows who meet the conditions set out in the Statute of Research Fellow;
- Athletes of high performance.
At any time.
Documents and requirements:
You have no costs.
The voluntary social insurance scheme is a tax-optional character which aims to guarantee the right to social security of persons 18 years and fit for work that do not fit on a mandatory basis in social protection schemes.
- Establishing a voluntary social insurance under the Social Security;
- Bases of the legal framework of volunteering;
- Regulates Law No 71/98 of 3 November, which laid the foundations of the legal framework of volunteering;
- Provides the legal framework of the Portuguese cooperation agent and defines the respective legal status;
- Statute of Research Fellow;
- Defines the legal regime applicable to Portuguese firefighters on the mainland;
- Code Contribution Regimes of Social Security Social Security System;
- First amendment to Law No. 110/2009 of 16 September, establishing a new date for the entry into force of the Code of Social Security Contribution Regimes of the Social Security System;
- The state budget for 2011;
- Shall regulations of the Code of Social Security Contribution Regimes of the Social Security System, approved by Law No. 110/2009 of 16 September;
- Proceeds to the second amendment to Decree Law No. 1-A / 2011 of January 3, regulating the Code of Contributory Schemes of Social Security Social Security System.
For more information, see the Portal Social Security .