Any citizen resident in Portugal.
From 18 years.
- By mail.
Note: If you send the application and respective documentation by mail, add addressed, stamped envelope for sending a receipt of delivered documents.
You have no costs.
The right to social disability pension is available to:Provided that:
- National, residing in Portugal;
- Foreigners residing in Portugal, under the Community regulations of Social Security (Member States of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), and by international treaties on social security in force in Portugal (Cape Verde, Canada, Australia and Brazil ).
- Have a permanent disability for any profession, not stemming from industrial accident or occupational disease, confirmed by the Incapacity Verification System; Are not covered by any compulsory social protection scheme or by transient or rural, standing, do not meet the warranty periods set for access to disability pension; Being disability pensioners and survivors are entitled to pension amount less than the social pension, they have over 18 years;
- Have equal gross monthly income or less than € 167.69 in the case of single person, or € 251.53 in the case of double (corresponds to 40% and 60%, respectively, of the reference rate of the value of social support (IAS ) - means test.
- Establishes a scheme of social security benefits to non-beneficiaries of the contributory system;
- Establishes in a new way the conditions of access and allocation of the social pension;
- In pursuance of the State Budget Law for 2012, rules for the implementation of the transitional update for the year 2012 of minimum pensions of the general social security scheme, the special social security scheme for agricultural activities (RESSAA), the system non-contributory schemes and similar to this, the transitional arrangements for agricultural workers and the dependency supplement and minimum retirement pensions, retirement and disability attributed by the General Retirement Fund, IP
- Updates minimum pensions of the general social security scheme for the year 2014 and repealing Ordinance No. 432-A / 2012 of 31 December
- Changes in the legal system of social protection in disability and old age of the general social security scheme
For more information see the Portal Social Security .