- Who prove to be responsible for the child or young person;
- The very young, if you are over 14 years old.
Within six months from the month following the death.
Note: If you apply after this period, the benefit shall be paid from the month following the request.
Documents and requirements:
You have no costs.
It is the provision of money allocated monthly to children and young Portuguese nationals resident in the country until they reach the age of majority or emancipation, provided that:
- Have the age of 18 or are emancipated;
- Do not exercise professional activity framed by compulsory social protection scheme;
- Are orphans of people not covered by any social protection scheme;
- Meet one of the following conditions resources:
- Have equal monthly gross income or less than € 167.69 (corresponds to 40% of the Social Support Index - IAS), provided that the performance of the respective household does not exceed € 628.83 (corresponds to one and half the value of the IAS);
- The household income per person is equal to or less than € 125.77 (corresponds to 30% of the IAS) and are in a situation of risk or social dysfunction.
- Establishes a scheme of social security benefits to beneficiaries of non-contributory system;
- Regulates the provision of benefits of the social security scheme aimed at non-beneficiaries of contributory schemes;
- Down detailed rules for implementing the transitional update of pensions and other social benefits provided by the social security system and the pensions of the convergent social protection scheme for the year 2010.
For more information, see the Portal Social Security .