- Employees covered by a social security scheme, not assets, pensioners and their respective families;
- Beneficiaries of public health subsystems;
- Beneficiaries of private health subsystems;
- Users of the national health service, if there is no link to the Social Security or a subsystem of public or private health.
At any time.
Through the Internet:
- Digital certificate authentication - Citizen Card ; Or
- User registration on the website of Social Security .
You have no costs.
The European Health Insurance Card of (EHIC) allows an insured or person covered by a social protection system of one of the Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, obtain from public care providers assistance medical that their health needs during their temporary stay in any of those States.It is a unique model card, common to all the space of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, free and designed to simplify the identification of the holder and the institution that is financially responsible for the costs of health care that this is likely to need
The EHIC is a nominative and individual card, so each beneficial owner and family, who goes abroad, should have its own.
Health care is provided to holders of the EHIC in the same way that the beneficiaries of the social security system of the country where they are, which means that such care can not be free and which may trigger the payment of user fees or contributions non-refundable.
The EHIC does not cover situations in which the insured person travels to another State in order to receive medical treatment. For more information, see the website of the Social Security .