The pregnant woman or on its behalf, the respective legal representative.
- From the 13th week of pregnancy and up to six months following the month of birth;
- Be required within six months of the month of birth, should ask at the same time, the family allowance for children and young people.
Documents and requirements: Through the Internet:
Means of authentication:
- Digital certificate authentication - Citizen Card ; Or
- User registration on the website of Social Security .
You have no costs.
At the moment.
It is a cash benefit, to encourage maternity, allocated monthly to pregnant women from the 13th week of gestation, and granted for six months or until the birth month, even if the gestation period is more than 40 weeks, provided that the following conditions:
- The family of the applicant household does not have movable heritage (bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, etc.) worth over € 100,612.80, the time of application, corresponding to 240 times the indexing of the amount of social support (IAS - € 419.22);
- Household incomes have reference not exceeding the value of the 3rd income bracket.
- Establishing child benefit for children and young people and sets the protection in the event of family expenses under the family protection subsystem;
- Establishes the relevant annual income to consider in the field of activities of self-employed, for the award, suspension, termination and fixing the amount of benefits under the social security system;
- Fixing the child benefit amounts for children and youth, the prenatal child benefit and the respective increases of the second holder and following and situations of single parenthood.
If the mother has requested prenatal child benefit during pregnancy and whether the household continues, no need to apply for child benefit for children and young people, simply submit a photocopy of a child identification document (Certificate of Civil Registration, Citizen Card or Birth Bulletin).
If the pregnancy is less than 40 weeks, the prenatal child benefit is also guaranteed for six months and may be combined with the family allowance for children and young people because after birth.
If there is termination of pregnancy, prenatal child benefit is granted to the month of termination of pregnancy, that fact should be reported to Social Security.
For more information see the Portal Social Security .