- Parents, persons treated by factual situation or legal representatives, provided that the child or young person is inserted in your household;
- The person or entity who has the child or young person in their care, since the situation is duly proved;
- The very young, if over 18 years.
NOTE: If more than one child or young person to receive allowance in the same family, the application shall be submitted by the same person. This rule does not apply when the mother requires the family allowance for children and young people with the prenatal child benefit after the birth of the child, even if the allowance of other children have been required by the father.
In the six months following the month in which became entitled to child benefit for children and youth. NOTE: After that period is entitled from the month following delivery of the application.
Documents and requirements:
You have no costs.
It is a cash benefit, which aims to meet family expenses with the maintenance and education of children and youth, given monthly, provided that the following conditions:
- The family of the applicant household does not have movable heritage (bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, etc.) worth more than € 100,612.80 to the date of application (corresponds to 240 times the Social Support Index - IAS);
- The household of the child or young have reference income not exceeding the value of the 3rd level of income, or the child or young person be considered isolated;
- Age up to 16 years. From this age are entitled only young people who are studying and attending the required levels of education.
- Establishing child benefit for children and young people and sets the protection in the event of family responsibilities within the family protection subsystem;
- Establishes the relevant annual income to consider in respect of activities of self-employed, for the award, suspension, termination and fixing the amount of benefits under the social security system, and proceeds to the third amendment to Decree-Law No. 176/2003 , August 2
- Establishes the rules for determining the means test to be considered in the allocation and maintenance of the benefits of family protection subsystem and the solidarity subsystem, as well as for the award of other public social support, and carry out the changes in the allocation of income social insertion, taking steps to increase the possibility of integration of its beneficiaries;
- Eliminates the extraordinary 25% increase in family allowance in 1 and 2 levels and the allocation of the allowance ceases to 4 and 5 income brackets, proceeding to the seventh amendment to Decree-Law No. 176 / 2003 of August 2;
- Fixing the child benefit amounts for children and youth, the prenatal child benefit and the respective increases of the second holder and following and situations of single parenthood;
- Changes the legal systems of social protection in sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption and death provided by the welfare system, family responsibilities of family protection subsystem and social insertion income, the legal regime relating to the refund of overpaid benefits and the law from the resources under the social security system, and the status of survivors' pensions and the legal system of social protection in the event of maternity, paternity and adoption within the convergent social protection scheme.
For more information, see the Portal Social Security .