All citizens who have a dispute arising out of family conflicts.
At any time within the working hours of branches.
By phone (see Contacts tab).
Note: The intervention of the SMF can also result in remission of the judge for family matters mediation processes.
»Documents and requirements:
1. To start the process just one of the parties in conflict or jointly request the intervention of the SMF, or judge remission.
Note: It is established contact with the other party, or both, as appropriate, for marking an information session attended by the mediator, to be held in rooms provided for this purpose.
The parties are informed about the rules of mediation, rights and duties and other mandatory information. It verified the will of the parties to sign the mediation protocol, which must be signed after delivery to the document mediator of payment of the fee for the use of SMF. The following are the mediation sessions that can culminate in an agreement. "
Form: Application for Family Mediation .
The use of SMF is subject to payment of a fee of € 50.00 per each party, regardless of the number of mediation sessions.
Note: There may be no way to pay this fee when the judge refers the case to mediation under Article 147-D of the regime of OTM or when legal aid is granted to one or both parties for access to structures of alternative dispute resolution, under the Access to Law and the Law Courts (Law No. 47/2007 of 28 August).
Referred the case to the mediator by the Contact Point, must be completed within a maximum of three months, otherwise the mediator may agree with the parties to follow the mediation and request the Directorate-General for Justice Policy to extend the deadline.
It is found that, on average, its duration has been two months.
For cases referred by the Court, the period may also be extended, since this entity so authorizes.
Both the parties or the mediator may terminate the mediation at any time.
The Family Mediation System (SMF) is empowered to mediate disputes regarding family relations, through the assistance of a professional specially produced for the purposes of mediation between the parties - the family mediator.
The SMF is empowered to mediate disputes covering, inter alia:
- The regulation, alteration and failure of the exercise of parental responsibilities;
- Divorce and separation of people and goods;
- The conversion of the separation of people and goods in divorce;
- The reconciliation of separated spouses;
- The deprivation of the right to use the surname of the other spouse and authorizing the use of names of former spouse;
- Assigning family dwelling house.
The SMF works throughout the national territory.
Phone 808 262 000 firstname.lastname@example.org
The advantages of family mediation are:
- Security, in that it is a public service sponsored by the Ministry of Justice provided by mediators with specific training; Confidentiality, since when being prohibited the disclosure of the content of the Family Mediation sessions is safeguarded the right to privacy; Informality because there is a close contact and simplified between the mediator and the parties, effectiveness, since the percentage of agreements reached in Family Mediation processes is high; Speed, because the process of Family Mediation ends, an average of two months;
- Reduced cost.