- Any individual or collective purchaser of goods or services covered by the jurisdiction of the Centre;
- Companies whose activity falls within the substantive jurisdiction of the Centre, when they want to solve problems involving the quality of services rendered or the goods sold;
- Economic agents who want to exercise their right of return relative to other professionals who have sold their goods or provided services directly related to the object of a dispute already resolved by the Arbitral Tribunal CASA.
At any time within the working hours of branches.
On site .
Note: The mediation service is available in person in Lisbon, Porto and Braga and telephone where the movement from the mid to these districts is not feasible.
»Do not have documents and requirements.
You have no costs.
Note: complaint processes are required to pay costs pursuant to CASA of the Regulation, available on the appropriate site .
The arbitration decision is given within 12 months of court Inception date.
Arbitration auto industry is an institutionalized arbitration promoted by private non-profit associations which, having obtained the necessary authorization from the Ministry of Justice, create arbitration centers that seek the resolution of conflicts related to automóvel.Estes sector centers for resolution conflict auto industry are entities that, through non-judicial means such as mediation, conciliation and arbitration, promote the settlement of disputes within its competence material.Os auto industry Arbitration Centres are:
- The Information Centre, Mediation, Ombudsman and Insurance Arbitration (CIMPAS);
- The Automobile Sector Arbitration Centre (CASA).
CASA promotes, through information, mediation, conciliation and arbitration to settle disputes arising out of consumer disputes concerning:
- Provision of support services, vehicle repair and maintenance; Reseller fuels, oils and lubricants; Purchase and sale of parts, organs or other materials for application in motor vehicles: Buying and selling of new or used vehicles;
- Services provided by companies holding car parks.
- A Legal Support Services, through which it provides information to consumers, merchants and service providers (economic agents) on the rights and obligations that they derive from the establishment of legal relationships that may undergo assessment of the Centre's Arbitration Court and instruct complaint procedures with a view to it by the Arbitral Tribunal;
- A mediation service, which aims to promote mediation of disputes that generated the complaint process, assisting the parties in building an agreement that resolves the conflict.
CASA has jurisdiction throughout the national territory, having no jurisdiction because the value limit. As in other arbitration centers, the decision of the Arbitral Tribunal has the same value of the decisions of the Courts of First Instance and is enforceable.