- Information - Any citizen;
- Submission manuals / online registration - authors, publishers or other institutions legally authorized, under Article 11 of Decree-Law No. 5/2014, of January 14 .
- Information - At any time;
- Submission manuals / online registration - During the submission period of textbooks, namely:
- From November 15 of the calendar year preceding that in which the evaluation takes effect and until the end of the month following the date of commencement of the procedure for manual to review the preliminary assessment scheme for its adoption;
- As of December 15 of the calendar year preceding that in which the evaluation takes effect and until the end of the month following the date of commencement of the procedure for manual to review the scheme already adopted and in use.
Note: The annual calendars of evaluation and certification of textbooks may be amended by the Cabinet member in charge of education.
Through the Internet:
- Information - Sending email ;
- Submission manuals / online registration -
- Manual registration form for assessment and certification / Information System textbooks (SIME) ;
- Sending email:
- Contact pursuant to paragraph 1 of article 11 of Decree-Law No. 5/2014, of January 14 .
Note: The form is available only during the period of evaluation and certification .
- Information - DGE;
- Submission manuals / online registration - direct contact with the testing organizations.
- Information - not have documents or requirements;
- Submission manuals / online registration:
- Information - Has costs;
- Submission manuals / online registration - The maximum amounts to be paid directly by the authors, editors and other legally authorized entities, for the evaluation and certification of textbooks, bound to the remuneration of evaluators entities are set by each textbook evaluated, the follows:
- 1st cycle of basic education - € 3,000;
- 2nd cycle of basic education - € 4,000;
- 3rd cycle of basic education - € 4,500;
- secondary education - € 5,500.
- Information - About ten days;
- Submission manuals / online registration - The head of DGE decide, within 15 working days of receipt of the statements sent to the DGE by authors, publishers and other legally authorized entities and the valuation entities.
The authors, publishers and other entities legally authorized to do so contact testing organizations - accredited bodies and evaluation committees - and agree with them the procedural deadlines, and the amounts and terms of payment of the respective evaluation of the cost.
After the choice of appraising entity, authors, publishers and other entities legally authorized to do so inform the General Directorate of Education (DGE), subject to registration in the electronic application Information System textbooks (SIME), by the end of month following the date of commencement of the procedure of textbooks undergo evaluation and certification, as well as the involved testing organizations.
During the assessment and certification of textbooks, the scientific-pedagogical teams of accredited entities or evaluation committees must respect the evaluation criteria for certification legally defined by the regulations in force. Subsequently, these entities refer to the DGE formal statements, bearing the particulars assigned to textbooks evaluated.
The approval of the particulars assigned to textbooks by the respective valuation entities is made by the top manager of the DGE.
The publishers send the DGE a formal statement of commitment, in the completion of the physical and material to be met textbooks and also a correct and full inclusion in school textbooks in version of the student, the adjustments and recommendations considered indispensable for the respective certification. Before marketing, the authors, editors or other bodies authorized for this purpose send the DGE a copy of the textbook.The evaluation procedure and certification of textbooks is completed with the release of the list of school certificates manuals in electronic page of the DGE.
For more information on the evaluation and certification manuals may refer to "section FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions "on deck" Information System textbooks "(SIME).