This service is available only for EU citizens or a third country.
Note: The tax card was replaced by the Citizen Card for nationals and for Brazilian citizens, under the Treaty of Porto Seguro.
From the moment where there is loss, loss, theft, damage or the need for renewal of the previous tax card.
- Civil Identification document or passport, if it is an EU citizen;
- P assaporte, if it is a national of a third country.
Currently, the cost of the request for a duplicate tax card is € 10.20.
There is no deadline for sending the card to the domicile of the taxpayer.
- Decree-Law No. 463/79 of 30 November, with the wording introduced by Decree-Law No. 240/84 of 13 July, Decree-Law No. 266/91 of 6 August, Decree-Law No. 19/97 of 21 January, Law No. 15/2001, dated June 5 and Decree-Law No. 81/2003 of 23 April.
- Law No. 7/2007 of February 5 (Creates the Citizen Card).
- General Tax Law, approved by Decree-Law No. 398/98 of 17 December.
The card is sent to the residence of the taxpayer or his representative, in the case of non-resident foreigners.