- Road accident victim;
- Representatives or representative of the injured citizen.
It is advisable to display the participation of the accident as soon as possible. However, there are limitation periods of three years for property damage and five years for bodily injury or death.
»Documents and requirements:
- Certificate of Participation prepared by the police, if the occurrence has been registered;
- Friendly Auto Accident Statement, if any;
- Photocopy of the driver's Citizen Card / participant owner or photocopy of ID card and driver's Taxpayer card / owner participant;
- Photocopy of the participant driver's driving license;
- Photocopy of the Single Vehicle Document Booklet or Photocopy and Property Registration of Title;
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle, who is participation.
- Evidence of payments of expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
Other documents may be requested from the complainant in the process:
- Certificates of the civil registry office;
- Education Heirs;
- Autopsy reports and death certificates;
- Statements of the Employer;
- Statements of the Regional Social Security Centre or the National Pensions Centre statements;
- Clinical Document Public or Private Hospitals.
You have no costs.
- Accidents with property damage: 30 working days;
- Accidents involving personal injury: 45 working days.
It lets you participate in a traffic accident the Automobile Guarantee Fund in order to receive compensation for property damage per accident caused by:
- Vehicles subject to compulsory insurance of motor liability, normally based in Portugal or registered in a country which has no national insurers' bureau or has not adhered to the agreement between national insurance services;
- Vehicles subject to compulsory insurance of motor liability without a registration plate or bearing a fake registration plate;
- Vehicles subject to compulsory insurance of motor liability due to - vehicle itself, although normally based abroad;
- Vehicles subject to compulsory insurance of motor liability, imported from a Member State for a period of 30 days from the date of acceptance of delivery by the purchaser, even though the vehicle has not formally been registered in Portugal.
The claims cover personal injuries where the responsible is unknown or does not benefit from valid and effective insurance, or is declared insolvent company's insurance and property damage where the responsible, despite being known, enjoys no valid insurance and effective.
The Automobile Guarantee Fund also compensates claimants who with property damage caused by responsible unknown, have been abandoned at the scene and the police authorities confirm its presence in the respective police report.